Thursday

Homemade Doughnut Holes




I'm definitely not a doughnut person, but I have been thinking about making doughnut holes for a while ever since I got a candy thermometer. I didn't want to make the famous circular shape doughnut, because I've seen homemade versions of these fail miserably, and plus doughnut holes are so much cuter. So, I was deciding between chocolate doughnut holes, or the original, and went with the original to test out the whole frying process. 

Let's just say I still have a minor burn on my hand from the frying, so beware if you plan on making these. The doughnuts do taste amazing though, these doughnuts add a wonderful hint of nutmeg that almost completes the taste of the doughnut. The glaze is the other part that completed the mini bread balls - I used 2 cups of confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup milk and heated it all in a small saucepan. I dipped them and sprinkled rainbow sprinkles for added cuteness before the glaze dried. They were all tried and loved and eaten within the day... clearly were a great hit!

xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment