Monday

Brioche Cinnamon Rolls


As mentioned earlier, I was in charge of making these lovely treats on Thanksgiving morning. I have never made homemade cinnamon rolls before so I knew this was going to be fun.

For the dough I used the same recipe I posted earlier for the Brioche bread. After the second rise I rolled out the dough into a square and used a cinnamon and sugar mixture to layer over the dough. After the dough is rolled up, I cut into 1.5 inch slices and let the rolls rise on baking sheets for another hour.

After the hour, I placed the rolls in a baking pan with parchment paper, and baked at 350 for about 10 minutes. For the icing, I made a cream cheese and orange icing which was so delicious! I added about 6 oz of cream cheese to a basic confectioners sugar and milk icing, then added some orange zest. Mmmm the orange was a perfect touch to the icing!

I highly recommend making these cinnamon rolls for a morning with the family - I have a feeling I will make these again for Christmas Morning!

xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment