Friday

Chocolate Chubbies


{silicone baking mats make the perfect cookie!}

{another perfect dessert}

Think about this: a brownie meets a cookie meets a meringue... ever thought this combination was even possible?! Nope, neither did I - until I came across this recipe in Sarabeth Levine's baking book, Sarabeth's Bakery. This baking book is filled with pastries, muffins, cakes, breads, cookies, spreadable fruits and more. What really caught my eye is how easy and simplistic the recipe for these chocolate chubbies seemed. Not only was I so curious to see how they turned out, I was craving some chocolate. So I obviously made them no doubt. 


All I had to do was melting some chocolate and butter, beat the eggs until they are light colored and foamy, mix in chocolate and dry ingredients and then stir in the chocolate chips - voila! I omitted the nuts, by the way.


From my pictures above, you can tell that the "chubby" is crunchy on the outside like a meringe, so moist and chocolatey on the inside, but holds the shape of a cookie perfectly. They were a huge hit and I can't wait to make them again! 


P.S. eat these warm with some vanilla ice cream... to die for. 


xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment