Monday

Homemade Oreos


{cutting the chilling cookie dough...}

{...and placing them on a buttered baking sheet}

 {they baked perfectly for about 21 minutes}

{perfect with milk, or almond milk in my case}


These are by far the biggest, most delicious chocolate cookie sandwiches I've tasted. I've never been a huge Oreo fan, but I wondered how close this recipe would come to the famous Oreo cookie itself. Results: very, very, very close, almost scary. Similar to the real Oreo cookie: the wafers in the homemade cookie aren't sweet, they still have that dark chocolate, slightly bitter taste, giving all the sweetness to the icing in the middle. As for the size, well, my homemade ones are a little larger (ha) - I guess it just makes it that much more satisfying to eat!

These homemade Oreos are a perfect treat for any occasion - from giving them to a friend cutely packaged just because, or for a sweet dessert after a dinner with friends. I loved making the homemade version of the famous Oreo cookie so much I want to try making Twix or Snickers candy bars next... yum! Stay tuned!

xoxo, A








No comments:

Post a Comment