Tuesday

Healthy Cherry-Berry Ice Cream

 {combing sugar, gelatin and milk until just boiling}
 {pitting the cherries and about to chop them}
 {everything combined together and cooking}
 {ready for the chill}



I've been researching the many ways to make ice cream and figuring out which way would be easiest since I don't own an ice cream maker. I've heard of the bag method, but after I did some research and found David Lebovitz's post on making ice cream with no machine. His way seemed pretty simple and straight forward, so I decided to follow this recipe and make healthy (and delicious, of course!) cherry-berry ice cream. 


I followed the recipe exactly - afterwards I read up on the outcomes of homemade ice cream on other blogs and I realized that homemade ice cream will never be as smooth as store bought ice cream. With that said, definitely use a thermometer to make sure your custard is at the right temperature! Otherwise your ice cream will bet very grainy and not very smooth.  


The bits of cherries add a very sweet taste to the ice cream, and the raspberries add a tart kick that is much appreciated. This ice cream (which is only 103 calories per 1/2 cup serving!) is perfect for a movie night or just for a healthy, sweet tooth craving.


xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment