Sunday

Thanksgiving 2011 Recap



During Thanksgiving break this year I really wanted to try some new and different recipes I have been thinking about. One has been a pear tart using a brand new Emile Henry dish (so gorgeous) ordered from Gilt Groupe and I also wanted to try making some sort of wheat bread. After making tons of brioche bread, I thought it was time to mix it up…


This year, I was in charge of making the Thanksgiving morning brioche cinnamon rolls (to be posted soon!), any type of bread for Thanksgiving dinner, and all of the desserts. Yeah, sounded like a tall order to me, too. But, I enjoyed making it all, and of course I had help from my family. They helped me pick out recipes for the bread, helped me with the brioche cinnamon rolls and the much anticipated pear tart. 
For the Pumpkin Pie I chose a recipe from Martha Stewart and for the pear tart I chose to follow Julia Child’s recipe, Pear Tart with Almond Frangipane Filling. 
For the bread we chose to make Rosemary Garlic Bread from The Barefoot Kitchen Witch:http://www.barefootkitchenwitch.com/the_barefoot_kitchen_witc/2010/02/rosemary-garlic-bread.html
All recipes were pretty simplistic - Julia Child’s recipe had to be read multiple times as it had many steps to it that involved some waiting (ie. boiling the pears, freezing the crust dough, baking the crust dough, etc), but the tart turned out so beautiful and delicious, of course. The tart along with the pumpkin pie were served after our wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.


Enjoy the pictures!
xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment